One Website – Many Devices
With the progression of mobile device users, a responsive website design (RWD) built by Threesite will allow your business to provide the optimal viewing experience to all your customers, regardless of their device. These devices include smart phones and tablets.
Regardless of the size of your business, responsive websites offer the perfect way to communicate with customers and prospects in a clear and concise way.
Here are the latest facts about mobile usage:
- Over 20% of Google searches are performed on a mobile device.
- In 2012, more than half of local searches were performed on a mobile device.
- In the United States, 25% of internet users only access the internet on a mobile device.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
- 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets.
- 50% of cell phone users, use cell as their primary Internet source
- 56% of people own a smart phone
- 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile browsing in the next 12 months
- 57% of users say they would not recommend a business or a brand with a poorly designed mobile website
How does Responsive Website Design (RWD) work?
Threesite will build your website RWD uses “media queries” to determine what resolution of device it’s being served on. Flexible images and fluid grids then size correctly to fit the screen.
Google.com recommends Responsive Web Design!
Here is an excerpt from Google’s help page for webmasters in the “Building Smartphone-Optimized Websites” section:
Google recommends webmasters follow the industry best practice of using responsive web design, namely serving the same HTML for all devices and using only CSS media queries to decide the rendering on each device.
Sites should use use responsive web design that can serve well on all devices on the same set of URLs. This is Google’s recommended configuration.
The single URL approach helps Google assign indexing properties for the content, load time is reduced because no redirection is needed, and it saves resources for your site and Google’s crawlers. There is no doubt that this can help in improving search engine ranking of your website.
We Work to Inspire
Let our experience and knowledge be the motivation behind your next project.