Today when working on a client’s website with OptimizePress, I found a problem with preg_replace() error. We had done a installation of WordPress 3.9.2 and OptimizePress 2.0. We got an error when launched “live editor”.
We have tried reinstalling WordPress, theme and plugins but the error did not resolve.
The solution to this problem is as follows:
1. Log in to your hosting account.
2. Go to cpanel (control panel)
3. Find software / services section
4. Go to “Select PHP Version”.
5. Downgrade your PHP version to PHP 5.3 and this error will be solved.
Hope you guys find this post useful. Share your comments on any other suggestions you have may have to solve this error.